Liposculpture Vs Liposuction: What's the Difference?
Liposculpture vs liposuction is an issue for people who don’t know which procedure to choose. Many sources refer to liposculpture and liposuction as identical procedures, for both involve manipulations of fat tissues. However, there are differences, you can read about them below. Liposculpture is very much similar to liposuction, but this term is sometimes understood differently. Just like a sculptor may be using different techniques to create a statue - carve it from a solid rock bit by bit or shape it out of clay, the same is with liposculpture.
Liposculpture As Minor Liposuction
In many cases, the term Liposculpture is used for a liposuction surgery that is intended to do very moderate changes to the body with the help of laser, ultrasound or tumescent method. The term “sculpturing” implies tightening, accentuating and giving better curvings to certain body areas, such as waist, buttocks, arms, neck. Below is the comparison of common liposuction vs liposculpture.
- Liposculpture is used to remove small deposits of fat. The amount of fat removed in the course of Liposculpture is 1 to 4 pounds. With liposuction it can be more.
- Liposculpture is not a weight loss procedure. Neither is liposuction, however, there are exceptions.
- Liposculpture is less invasive, with smaller incisions on the body and smaller cannulas used.
- The risk of complications from liposculpture is lower than from traditional liposuction.
- Liposculpture is done under local anesthesia and patients may be able to go home the same day. Liposuction requires general anesthesia.
- Liposculpture has short or even no post-operative downtime and very fast recovery, patients may return to work next day following the procedure . Liposuction requires that the patient stays at the clinic for some time and spends a few weeks at home.
- The cost of liposculpture is generally lower because of reduced expenses on anesthesia, hospitalization, less time required for the procedure to be done and smaller amount of fat sucked out of the body.
Liposuction Combined with Liposculpture Fat Injections
Today, plain female beauty standards with “the slimmer the better” principle are becoming history leaving room for harmonic, smooth, toned, appetizing, beautifully curved forms. That’s why today Liposculpture is not just about fat removal but also about adding it to the areas to which the patient wants to give a nice, rounded appearance, such as buttocks and hips. In such cases, the fat can be suctioned from the areas where it is not welcome and injected into the areas of shortage. For such procedures, non-laser liposuction techniques are used so as not to break down the fat needed to later use. This type of procedure can not just make some corrections to the body contour but entirely change body type to the desired one.
Please, note that different clinics and different sites may interpret liposculpture differently. In some instances, liposculpture is interpreted as injections that facilitate fat dissolving in the natural way, without invasion of the surgeon. These procedures are known as mesotherapy and lipodissolve. For this reason, if you think of having a lipo shaping procedure, contact the clinic by phone or by email and ask what specifically the procedure liposculpture includes, what technique will be used and how it differs from traditional liposuction.